93 Countries, 49 US States and not Done Yet!


93 Countries, 49 US States and not Done Yet!

I have 7 shelves of travel and adventure books to the right of me that I have collected and read over the years.

Some about walkers: young, old, some about runners: }
healthy and handicapped,
some about canoers who traveled the length of Africa,
motorcyclists;
bicyclists who have travled around the world (
one who just turned 100 lives here in Athens, GA)...

Tonight when a friend in South Africa told me about Bramm Matherbe, a South African motivational speaker who is an extensive runner I captured a pdf of Braam Malherbe's book to put it in my South Africa folder to purchase when I come this year and probably read it during the 3 or 4 weeks I am there. This will be my 15th trip in 15 years to South Africa to help teach creative thinking skills at two creativity conferences and possibly this year at a brand new Creativity Conference in Namibia too.

I have been writing chapters for a mix of books about my own travels: 1977 (100 days, 24 countries in UK, Europe, Eastern Europe and northern Africa), 1978 - 5 wks around the UK, 1982 3 months teaching and living in Italy, 8 trips around the world.....

I am a walker, a Euro-Rail card train passenger, an airplane, a bus, a streetcar passenger....

One of my titles that is for the 2001 trip completely around the world in 74 days is titled:

Life is a Creative Journey,
Not a Guided Tour

the one about my 1977 trip around Europe is titled:

Motorcycling Around Europe with a Euro-Rail Pass

That first extended international trip was originally to be done by motorcycle but I never learned how to ride on one let own drive it for days and days and more days.  So instead I bought my first Euro-Rail pass and had a fantastic journey for 100 days in 24 countries.

I am a Wanderer - mentally, educationally, professionally, emotionally, socially and have been all my 71 years of life.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Vacation adventure continues to the Al Wathba Resort

Who Might We BE?

Aging and Creativity (3rd 3rd of your life)